As Engendering Technologies at Interacción 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019 this workshop is focused on all the gender aspects of the technology domain. Main topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Gender & Human-Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Gender and IT ethics
- Design for women, designing by women
- Gender & software engineering
- Gender issues in technology design
- Women inclusion in technologies
- Gender digital divide
- Gender & video games
- Gender & Information Technology
- Gender & Science and Technology
- Cultural & symbolic dimensions of ICT
- Changing relations between people and ICT
- Gender & user-centered design methodologies
- Gendered innovations in ICT
- Women, technology, and power
- Best practices on Gender and ICT
- Mentoring and experiences for attracting women to ICT studies and professions
- Gender & Digital Security and risks
- Gender & IT inclusion policies and actions
- New methodologies on gender & IT syllabus
- Gender Prototyping development
- New Designing techniques for women
- Gender Tech and new materials
- Maker movement & Gender
Authors should submit an original paper in any of the following submission categories:
- Full Papers: full papers should describe original work that has not previously been published and provide significant results of scientific research. The presentation time for full papers will be 15 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions. Full papers have a maximum of 8 pages.
- Short Papers: short papers should describe innovative work in progress, without significant results yet, that contribute to well-founded research. Presentation time for short papers will be 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions. Short papers have a maximum of 4 pages.
- Experiences / Showcases: showcase works and projects related to gender. Presentation time for experiences/showcases will be 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions.
All contributions must be submitted anonymously in PDF format, following the ACM template: https://www.acm.org/publications/taps/word-template-workflow.
All submissions must be done through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=interaccion2020. Inside EasyChair the topic “EnGendering Technologies” must be selected.
All contributions will be peer-reviewed by an international panel of experts. Names and affiliations of authors, acknowledgments or any other reference that may reveal the identity of the authors must be removed. Papers that do not meet these conditions may be rejected without review.
Contributions may be submitted in Spanish or English. In any case, they must contain a summary of up to 300 words in English.
Publication of accepted contributions
- (To be confirmed) We are negotiating with ACM that accepted long and short papers written in English could be published in the ACM Digital Library within its Series of International Conference Proceedings.
- Accepted long and short papers written in Spanish will be published in the conference proceedings.
The best paper of EGT’20 will be nominated for the “Mari Carmen Marcos” Award of AIPO.
- Submission: 1st March – 17th April, 2020
- Notification: 1st June, 2020
- Camera Ready version: 22nd June, 2020
- Susanna Tesconi (Open University of Catalonia)
- María Cuevas-Rodríguez (University of Malaga)
To be confirmed